WHO WE ARE
BAYCAT is an innovative nonprofit media production company. All proceeds from BAYCAT STUDIO support BAYCAT ACADEMY which educates, empowers and employs low income youth, young people of color and young women in the digital media arts. Our unique hybrid nonprofit social enterprise model strategically positions BAYCAT to address academic achievement gaps, job training, and economic development needs that are amplified by the digital divide.
WHAT WE CARE ABOUT
- Creating positive social change through storytelling, design & media.
- Giving a voice to those misrepresented or underrepresented.
- Doing Well and Doing Good. We’re a sustainable nonprofit business model.
- Excellence. Highest Quality of Services in Education and Media Production.
- Building Community, Inclusion & Equity.
We are excited to find an energetic, creative, and resourceful Visual Designer & Mentor to be part of this exciting nonprofit social enterprise. Reporting to the Academy Manager & Media Producer, this role is responsible for designing, teaching, and managing project-based motion graphics and graphic design courses as well as designing marketing collateral for BAYCAT and for BAYCAT Studio clients.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS:
- Is passionate about social justice and positive youth development, with a strong and proven commitment to supporting young
- Loves project management and has experience with successfully managing a media related project, a production studio, a workforce development program, or other related
- Is a good collaborator You prefer the word “we” more than “me.” We do a LOT for a small team, and that is because we work as a team, both internally, and with many, many partners.
- Is good at initiating & planning with the ability to anticipate needs ahead of time, create a plan and execute.
- Design effective project-based design curriculum for youth media producers
- Reflect and document day-to-day classroom activities
- Establish positive relationships with students, their families, BAYCAT team, and the community
- Manage, organize and archive project media
- Align project priorities with the overall BAYCAT vision & mission
Student Development and Technical Instruction
- Class facilitation for middle and high school youth teaching Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- Facilitate workshops for young adult Studio Interns
- Lead students through the process of creation, and bringing projects to completion
- Manage young people at different stages of development with a variety of learning strengths and styles
BAYCAT Internal Marketing Collateral
- Design all internal marketing collateral which may include: flyers, postcards, campaign banners
- Help to maintain the BAYCAT website
BAYCAT Studio Client Projects
- Projects may include brochure creation, motion graphics creation for videos, logo design
- Graphics for social media platforms
- Collaborate with the Studio team to come up with creative approaches to designing graphic assets
We are looking for someone who:
- Has professional experience in motion graphics and/or graphic design (experience with 3D animation a plus)
- Has done design work for clients either as part of a company or as a freelancer
- Has worked with young people in some capacity
- Would have a creative approach to teaching and a warm, patient demeanor
- Is knowledgeable of current issues in design, the demands of the professional field, and of the tools, technologies and resources inherent to the discipline
- Facilitate lesson plans and activities that promote media literacy and design fundamentals
- Has some experience with website creation and management
- Passion for using design and media as a tool to create positive community impact
- Communications skills that are effective with students
- Prioritize and produce project work in a timely manner according to project deadlines
- Provide leadership and perform other duties as BAYCAT needs require
- Commitment to personal and professional growth, and aligned with BAYCAT’s values
- Is a fierce team player
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include the position in the subject line. Position is open until filled. No phone calls please.
WHAT YOU WILL BE PAID
Our package will be based on your experience and includes benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending account (FSA), life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan.
EOE. We Strive for a Workforce as Diverse as the Community We Serve. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.