WHO WE ARE
BAYCAT is an innovative nonprofit media production company. All proceeds from BAYCAT STUDIO support BAYCAT ACADEMY which educates, empowers and employs low income youth, youth of color and young women in the digital media arts. Our unique hybrid nonprofit social enterprise model strategically positions BAYCAT to address academic achievement gaps, job training, and economic development needs that are amplified by the digital divide.
Since 2004 BAYCAT has educated over 4,000 youth, employed over 200 young adults, with an internship program that is placing more than 70% of our graduates into media-related jobs.
WHAT WE CARE ABOUT
- Creating positive social change through storytelling, design & media.
- Giving a voice to those misrepresented or underrepresented.
- Doing Well and Doing Good. We’re a sustainable nonprofit business model.
- Excellence. Highest Quality of Services in Education and Media Production.
- Building Community, Inclusion & Equity.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS:
- Proactive and Resourceful. You’re able to anticipate needs ahead of time, create a plan and execute.
- An Organized Team Player. You love to-do lists and being detailed.
- A Positive People Person. You love people and you pride yourself on being a welcoming and patient person.
- An Effective Communicator. You’re clear, concise, professional.
- A Problem Solver. You thrive in a fast paced work environment and know that time is limited. You come to the table with possible solutions instead of constant problems.
- A Collaborator. You prefer the word “we” more than “me.” We do a LOT for a small team, and that is because we work as a team, both internally, and with many, many partners.
- Passionate About Social Justice. You have been wanting to work at an organization that values diversity and inclusion.
YOU ARE EXCITED ABOUT THIS POSITION BECAUSE YOU WILL:
Make BAYCAT an amazing place to work every day!
- Client Relations and Customer Service.You know how to warmly and professionally answer telephones as well as greet and direct office visitors, students, families and promptly answer requests for information.
- Office Support.Keeping an organized and clean BAYCAT office environment, being on top of ordering supplies and working with BAYCAT vendors to keep facilities and office equipment fully-functional and well-maintained.
- Scheduling.You’ve managed a master office calendar before that ranges from coordinating phone calls and lunches for senior management as well as office meetings and events. You’ll work closely with senior management to manage their schedules.
- Events and Hosting.You love a party and knows what it takes to be a great host. Each year, BAYCAT has about 6 events, along with monthly events and activities related to our Academy, Studio, Board, donors and team appreciation and retreats. You would be excited to help plan and coordinate details for these events and activities.
- Record-Keeping, File & Database Management.Documentation and data is key in creating organizational assets, both digitally and with old style, paper. From managing the mail to paper & digital files to Salesforce databases, you take pride in staying organized and accurate with managing data. You’ll work with BAYCAT’s Development Director to keep our donor/client database up-to-date.
- Bookkeeping.You will work with BAYCAT’s Fiscal Manager to process checks, bills, and payments to BAYCAT vendors.
- Human Resources Management.Assist in implementing HR policies and systems to ensure compliance by the BAYCAT team as well as book travel, hotel and/or group meeting arrangements as needed.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position in the subject line. Position is open until filled. No phone calls please.
WHAT YOU WILL BE PAID
We’re competitive with other nonprofits our size. Our package will be based on your experience and includes benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending account (FSA), life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan.
EOE. We Strive for a Workforce as Diverse as the Community We Serve. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.