WHO WE ARE
Bayview Hunters Point Center for Arts and Technology (BAYCAT) is an innovative nonprofit media production company. All proceeds from BAYCAT STUDIO support BAYCAT ACADEMY which educates, empowers and employs low income youth, youth of color and young women in the digital media arts. Our unique hybrid nonprofit social enterprise model strategically positions BAYCAT to address academic achievement gaps, job training, and economic development needs that are amplified by the digital divide.
WHAT WE CARE ABOUT
- Creating positive social change through storytelling, design & media.
- Giving a voice to those misrepresented or underrepresented.
- Doing Well and Doing Good. We’re a sustainable nonprofit business model.
- Excellence. Highest Quality of Services in Education and Media Production.
- Building Community, Inclusion & Equity.
The Media Producer & Mentor is responsible for coordinating activities and executing functions
related to the Young Adult Media program, which serves adults ages 18-25. The Young Adult Media
program includes the BAYCAT Studio Internship and monthly film production workshops.
This position will work closely with the BAYCAT team and will report to the Associate Director of
Plan and Lead Film Production Workshops
- Act as lead the facilitator for monthly film production skills workshops
- Lead workshops on technical skills such as professional camera technique (Canon C100,
DSLRs), editing with Adobe Premiere Pro, professional lighting, audio recording, and
- Act as a role model and mentor, establishing positive relationships with workshop
Produce Content & Mentor BAYCAT Studio Interns
Mentoring and Technical Instruction
- Act as the program lead for the young adult internship program (10 per cohort)
- Lead technical skill workshops such as professional camera technique (Canon C100, DSLRs),
using a Mac and Google Drive, editing with Adobe Premiere Pro, professional lighting,
audio recording, and production management
- Provide leadership and collaboration on a project-by-project basis that includes creative
development, creating a framework and coordinating with other BAYCAT team members
- Use your passion for media diversity to act as a role model and mentor, establishing
positive relationships with interns, Studio clients and program partners
- Manage project information, materials and media
- Manage intern schedules and document day-to-day activities including attendance
- Provide a collaborative, culturally responsive learning environment
- Provide leadership and perform other duties as BAYCAT needs required
Career Exposure and Career Planning
- Assist with professional development opportunities and industry exposure opportunities
- Under the direction of the Associate Director of Academy, manage the BAYCAT mentorship & coaching programs
- Help with alumni communications and job placement
BAYCAT Studio Project Coordination
- Work with BAYCAT studio manager to plan studio productions involving interns
- Lead video producer on select studio projects
- Assist with project management of studio projects
- Communicate with workshop partners and clients
- 3+ years experience in leading productions
- 3+ years experience in producing videos from pre-production to post production
- 1+ year experience in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience with DSLR cameras
- Experience managing teams
- Experience teaching entry-level productions
- Comfortable interacting with young adults
- Professional network in the Bay Area film production industry
- Experience with motion graphics using Adobe After Effects
- Access to a car
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state why you are interested in
the role, why media diversity is important to you and include the position in the subject line. Position is
open until filled. No phone calls please.
WHAT YOU WILL BE PAID
We’re competitive with other nonprofits our size. Our package will be based on your experience and
includes benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending account (FSA), life
insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan.
EOE. We Strive for a Workforce as Diverse as the Community We Serve. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.