WHO WE ARE
BAYCAT is an innovative nonprofit media production company. All proceeds from BAYCAT STUDIO support BAYCAT ACADEMY which educates, empowers and employs low income youth, young people of color and young women in the digital media arts. Our unique hybrid nonprofit social enterprise model strategically positions BAYCAT to address academic achievement gaps, job training, and economic development needs that are amplified by the digital divide.
WHAT WE CARE ABOUT
- Creating positive social change through storytelling, design & media.
- Giving a voice to those misrepresented or underrepresented.
- Doing Well and Doing Good. We’re a sustainable nonprofit business model.
- Excellence. Highest Quality of Services in Education and Media Production.
- Building Community, Inclusion & Equity.
We are excited to find an energetic, creative, and resourceful Academy Manager & Media Producer to be part of this exciting nonprofit social enterprise. Reporting to the VP of Studio & Academy, the Academy Manager & Media Producer is responsible for managing digital media programs serving diverse youth and young adults including: strategic planning, community outreach and family support, recruitment, staff management, curriculum support and daily operations. BAYCAT Academy includes our youth digital media arts education programs and professional young adult media job training programs.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO IS:
- Is passionate about social justice and positive youth development, with a strong and proven commitment to supporting young
- Loves project management and has experience with successfully managing a media related project, a production studio, a workforce development program, or other related
- Is a good collaborator You prefer the word “we” more than “me.” We do a LOT for a small team, and that is because we work as a team, both internally, and with many, many partners.
- Is good at initiating & planning with the ability to anticipate needs ahead of time, create a plan and execute.
Manage Digital Media Education Programs Serving Youth and Young Adults
- Act as the program lead for all BAYCAT Academy digital media programming
- Provide direction and supervision to Academy Coordinator, Media Producers & Mentors, Instructors and Teaching Assistants
- Manage team hiring, promotion, evaluation, and disciplinary actions
- Create a recruitment plan and with the assistance of the Academy Coordinator, carry out outreach activities – g. street-based, web-based – including creation of program-specific outreach materials
- Implement volunteer program and recognize volunteers appropriately
- Help to keep the team inspired, focused and accountable – making sure projects are executed efficiently, professionally and on time
- In coordination with the Development team, ensure that all government contract related reporting is carried out
- In coordination with the Academy Coordinator, manage the use and maintenance of the physical program space
Act as Producer for All Media Created in Academy
- Be a sounding board for Academy Media producers, providing feedback on production work plans and media rough cut reviews
- Collaborate with the Studio Project Manager to ensure the effective coordination of Studio Internship Program activities
- Develop and implement project management processes to ensure the effective coordination and integration of programs, productions and resources
- Support youth and young adult productions as needed
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include the position in the subject line. Position is open until filled. No phone calls please.
WHAT YOU WILL BE PAID
We’re competitive with other nonprofits our size. Our package will be based on your experience and includes benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending account (FSA), life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan.
EOE. We Strive for a Workforce as Diverse as the Community We Serve. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.