WHO WE ARE
Bayview Hunters Point Center for Arts and Technology (BAYCAT) is a nonprofit media production studio that educates and empowers low income youth, young people of color and young women in the Bay Area to produce socially-minded digital media that positively transform our communities.
BAYCAT ACADEMY | Free digital media education in SF
The academy provides free digital media education to underserved youth and young adults in San Francisco.
WHAT WE CARE ABOUT
- Creating positive social change through storytelling, design & media.
- Giving a voice to those misrepresented or underrepresented.
- Doing Well and Doing Good. We’re a sustainable nonprofit business model.
- Excellence. Highest Quality of Services in Education and Media Production.
- Building Community, Inclusion & Equity.
WORK AS A TEACHING ASSISTANT THIS SPRING!
- Co-teach media classes for underserved middle and high school students
- Hone your own production skills through assisting a class of youth
- Acquire teaching and youth development experience
- Network with industry professionals
The Spring 2018 term will begin on February 12th and end on May 10th.
DESIRED SKILLS FOR GRAPHIC ANIMATION OR DESIGN
- 1+ year of direct experience in creating graphic design or animation projects
- Knowledge of Adobe Flash, Adobe Photoshop, or Adobe After Effects
- An interest in and/or experience with youth mentorship or teaching
- Ability to follow a lesson plan and support the lead instructor with daily tasks
- Understanding of the BAYCAT mission to promote diversity in media
- Classes will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- TA’s must be able to commit to the full teaching term in San Francisco from February 12th to May 10th
- Orientation: Week of February 5th
- Official instructional period: February 12th – May 10th
- Teaching Assistants must be available to work from 4:00pm – 7:00pm for the entire term
- End of term showcase: Tuesday, May 15th
Teaching Assistants will be compensated with a $1,000 stipend for the term, in addition to professional development opportunities and access to the BAYCAT studio space. Classes are held at the BAYCAT studio, located within the Potrero Hill neighborhood.
To apply, please send a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOE. We Strive for a Workforce as Diverse as the Community We Serve. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.