WHO WE ARE
BAYCAT is an innovative nonprofit media production company for socially conscious clients who want high quality video production, design, branding and marketing-related services. All proceeds from BAYCAT STUDIO support BAYCAT ACADEMY which educates, empowers and employs low income youth, youth of color and young women in the digital media arts. Our unique hybrid nonprofit social enterprise model strategically positions BAYCAT to address academic achievement gaps, job training, and economic development needs that are amplified by the digital divide.
Now in it’s 12th year, BAYCAT has educated over 3,250 youth, employed over 150 young adults, with an internship program that is placing nearly 80% of our graduates into media-related jobs. BAYCAT STUDIO clients range from nonprofits and local merchants to large corporations and foundations, and include the National Park Service, the Department of Health, The San Francisco Foundation, and the Golden State Warriors.
WHAT WE CARE ABOUT
- Creating positive social change through storytelling, design & media.
- Giving a voice to those misrepresented or underrepresented.
- Doing Well and Doing Good. We’re a sustainable nonprofit business model.
- Excellence. Highest Quality of Services in Education and Media Production.
- Building Community, Inclusion & Equity.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You are an energetic and resourceful individual with exceptional project management skills to manage the portfolio of grants, proposals and reports as part of BAYCAT’s day-to-day fundraising activities to support an aggressive growth strategy for this exciting nonprofit social enterprise. You are extremely organized, detail minded, customer service oriented, a strong communicator and values-driven team player who loves to raise money, and who has a strong commitment to our mission, and the desire to grow professionally in the social enterprise fields.
Join our dream team that values creativity, professionalism, and an inclusive environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will report to and work closely with the Development Director and the CEO of BAYCAT. You will be responsible for being the primary coordinator to secure funds, maintain relationships with current funders, complete grant applications, research and follow up with new prospects and manage and execute all development reporting, documentation and database management needs for a rapidly growing social enterprise.
Project Management of Grants Portfolio:
- Manage a master development calendar and workplan;
- Manage the BAYCAT team’s use of Salesforce (CRM System) to ensure efficient information capture, workflow and reporting;
- Write all grant applications, correspondence and funding-related materials;
- Fulfill all reporting requirements of funders on a timely basis;
- Support the development of agency budgets and revenue projections;
- Assist to implement all fund development strategies, programs, policies and procedures;
Marcom and Events:
- Assist with regular communications through e-news, blog posts and social media networks;
- Coordinate fundraising campaigns and outreach events;
- Manage, organize and report accurately fundraising data to a variety of audiences;
- Project manage fundraising communications materials with BAYCAT’s graphic design/media team;
Relationship Development and Management:
- Track and acknowledge all contributions;
- Research, cultivate new grant funding sources;
- Provide development support to the Development Director for cultivation & management of new donors;
- Provide support for Board fund development activities;
- Build and maintain existing relationships to sustain revenues through governmental contracts, corporate sponsorships, private foundation support, individual donors and events; and
- Provide leadership and perform other duties as agency needs require.
- Highly organized and motivated to create efficient and high-functioning processes that last (because you’ve done that for at least 2 years for other organizations);
- Detailed-minded with the ability to organize and prioritize;
- Dependable with initiative and drive, ability to self-start;
- Excellent in both oral & written communication; competent editor of written communications;
- Excellent computer skills and tech-savvy aptitude with proficiency in Word, Excel and shared information management; knowledge of project management software and/or Salesforce a plus.
- You tend to prefer being-behind-the-scenes, but have the ability and desire to build relationships with our wide-ranging stakeholders from students, families, BAYCAT Studio clients to donors.
- You are able to coordinate several projects simultaneously;
- Comfortable working autonomously while also being a committed team player;
- Easygoing personality, calm under pressure & think quickly to solve problems as they arise;
- Ability to fit in a fast-paced office environment of up to 20 people;
- You won’t settle for mediocrity and have high personal standards.
- Very interested in social enterprise revenue-generation strategies.
- Passionate and committed to serve and advocate for youth, young adults, and local underserved communities; your volunteer and/or work experience in the field is a plus.
- You are committed to personal and professional growth, and are aligned with BAYCAT’s core values.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Salary package commensurate with experience plus competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending account (FSA), life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan.
EOE. We Strive for a Workforce as Diverse as the Community We Serve. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ are strongly encouraged to apply.