WHO WE ARE
BAYCAT is an innovative nonprofit media production company for socially conscious clients who want high quality video production, design, branding and marketing-related services. All proceeds from BAYCAT STUDIO support BAYCAT ACADEMY which educates, empowers and employs low income youth, youth of color and young women in the digital media arts. Our unique hybrid nonprofit social enterprise model strategically positions BAYCAT to address academic achievement gaps, job training, and economic development needs that are amplified by the digital divide.
Now in it’s 12th year, BAYCAT has educated over 3,250 youth, employed over 150 young adults, with an internship program that is placing nearly 80% of our graduates into media-related jobs. BAYCAT STUDIO clients range from nonprofits and local merchants to large corporations and foundations, and include the National Park Service, the Department of Health, The San Francisco Foundation, and the Golden State Warriors.
WHAT WE CARE ABOUT
- Creating positive social change through storytelling, design & media.
- Giving a voice to those misrepresented or underrepresented.
- Doing Well and Doing Good. We’re a sustainable nonprofit business model.
- Excellence. Highest Quality of Services in Education and Media Production.
- Building Community, Inclusion & Equity.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You are a driven and resourceful individual with exceptional leadership skills and know how to strategize, prioritize and execute a high level fundraising plan. You value and nurture relationships, are a great writer, and know how your words connect people to contributing toward their passion. You love raising money, and you dig that we’re a social enterprise. You know the power of having a strong database and network, and you have one. You have a special knack for building major donor and individual giving programs, and have experience in managing and growing a diverse portfolio of contributed income. You’re hungry for new challenges and would love to take BAYCAT to the next level of growth for social good.
Join our dream team that values creativity, professionalism, and an inclusive environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll report to and work closely with the CEO of BAYCAT and BAYCAT Board of Directors. You’ll also manage a Development and Grants Coordinator, and will be encouraged to build a team to support BAYCAT’s growing development needs.
YOUR COLLEAGUES WOULD DESCRIBE YOU AS:
- A talented fundraiser. You have a knack for fearlessly asking an individual donor for 10k +;
- Highly organized and motivated to create efficient and high-functioning processes that last (because you’ve done that for at least 5 years for other organizations);
- Detailed-minded with the ability to prioritize toward reaching strategic goals.
- A planner. You love creating actionable strategies and successfully implementing them;
- Dependable with initiative and drive, and knows how to get things done.
- Having a voracious appetite for reading and keeping up with the world.
- Great listener. Socially and self aware.
- Tech-savvy. You live in Google Docs and might even use Asana, Prezi and Salesforce.
- Graceful while under pressure;
- Not settling for mediocrity and having high personal standards;
- The first one to call when you need someone to pitch in;
- Passionate and committed to social justice and equity, and have a special place in your heart for young people; and
- Yeah, you have superpowers.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include the position in the subject line. Position is open until filled. No phone calls please.
WHAT YOU WILL BE PAID
We’re competitive with other nonprofits our size. Our package will be based on your experience and includes benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending account (FSA), life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan.
EOE. We Strive for a Workforce as Diverse as the Community We Serve. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.