WHO WE ARE
Bayview-Hunters Point Center for Arts and Technology (BAYCAT) is a nonprofit social enterprise that educates, empowers and employs young people from historically underserved Bay Area communities.
BAYCAT is seeking energetic, creative and resourceful Volunteer Teaching Assistants to join our education team!
- Co–teach Media Classes for middle and high school students
- Gain access to our state-of-the-art digital media facility
- Hone your production skills through assisting a class of youth
- Acquire teaching and youth development experience
- Network with industry professionals
- 1+ year of experience in media production (Premiere Pro, DSLR cameras, documentary filmmaking) OR 1+ year of experience in graphic arts (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects)
- Interest in and/or experience with youth mentorship or teaching
- Understanding of the BAYCAT mission
- Ability to commit to a full semester of teaching Sept – Dec or Jan – May
- This is a GREAT opportunity for current undergraduate students, recent college graduates and industry professionals seeking volunteer opportunities
- Teaching assistants are supported by a Lead Instructor and program staff
- Classes are held at the BAYCAT studio, located near Portrero Hill
- This is an unpaid teaching position with significant professional development opportunities
Interested? Please send a brief cover letter, resume and work samples to our Academy Manager, Alessandra Carter, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.