BAYCAT is in search for a Shooter & Editor who is a values-driven individual with a strong commitment to our mission, and the desire to grow professionally. Also is someone who is creative and detailed-minded, customer-service oriented, a team player, and a quick learner who can take direction well.
Reporting to the Studio and Internship Manager, the Shooter & Editor is responsible for:
- Shooting select BAYCAT studio projects.
- Managing the post-production of select BAYCAT video projects, including hands-on editing, as well as incorporating music, motion graphics, and titles.
- Prioritize and produce project work in a timely manner according to project deadlines.
- Manage, organize and archive project media according to BAYCAT’s standards and practices.
- Act as Director of Photography for select video projects, including participating in client meetings and presentations, interpreting client needs and incorporating feedback.
- Work with project teams and production crew that include shooters, graphics designers, PA’s, multimedia contractors, community members and Studio BAYCAT interns.
- 5 years or more of successful and progressively responsible video production experience.
- Highly proficient in DSLR video production equipment and workflow (preferably a C100).
- Knowledgeable in interview and documentary lighting setups and execution.
- Experience editing with Adobe Premiere Pro.
- A natural storyteller, able to quickly construct a compelling narrative from available footage.
- Detailed-minded with the ability to prioritize and self-start.
- A good problem solver, able to do a lot with a little.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Displays skills to create content with high production value.
- Team player, who excels in nourishing collaborative processes.
- Commitment to personal and professional growth, and aligned with BAYCAT’s core values.
- Can commit to 25-30 hours a week.
- Physical ability to travel throughout San Francisco, and greater Bay Area.
- Motion graphics skills
Please send cover letter, resume and URLs of your own work electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is currently open and we need to fill as soon as possible.
No phone calls please. Only applicants who send resumes, cover letters and work examples will be considered.
Salary will commensurate with experience plus competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, flexible spending account (FSA), life insurance, and 403(b) retirement plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All women, people of color, LGBTQ-identified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.