Andrew Dalton of SFist gave a nice little shout-out to one of the music videos to come out of our summer media camp.
This past Tuesday, three of our students, Saleen, Stella, and Ginger got the privilege of interviewing Sirron Norris, a prominent Bay Area artist and educator. The girls’ documentary is on how street art shapes San Francisco culture, and once Sirron heard about the project he was more than happy to let us interview him at his studio on 26th and Valencia. Read more
What can you find only in SF? Our awesome BAYCAT Youth Media Producers! Here is a sneak peek into Zoom In 24: Only in SF, premiering at the BAYCAT Open House on July 26th.
The song was produced by the music production class, filmed by our intern Jayraj, and features the youth and the art of the documentary filmmaking class, music video production, and graphic arts. They brought all their talent together to film our intro in one shot!
The Music Production track got to hear the song they made for the introduction to Zoom In 24!!
The documentary youth split into 2 groups to practice their new camera skills at the Dogpatch Cafe. They made two commercials, one targeted for youth, and the second for adults… pretty sweet!!!
Who We Are
Bayview-Hunters Point Center for Arts and Technology (BAYCAT) is a nonprofit social enterprise that educates, empowers and employs young people from historically underserved Bay Area communities in the digital media arts including: video production, music production, animation, graphic and web design.
We believe in running a nonprofit like a business, and in changing the philanthropy model — from begging to self-sustainable. That’s why we created the “clonor” model, where clients become donors, and donors become clients.
Our Latest News
- Warriors Sweep SF with Community Spirit May 4, 2015
- Adventures in Photography: Building Media Literacy April 23, 2015
- Giving Back is Priority for Award-Winning Teen April 15, 2015
- Graphic & Web Designer (Hourly, Contractor) April 13, 2015
- SFPUC and BAYCAT Team Up on Music Video April 9, 2015
- Getting in the Game with the Super Bowl’s 50 Fund April 3, 2015
- Summer Film, Music Production, & Graphic Arts Teaching Assistants March 5, 2015
- Diversity in Media is an Ongoing Effort February 23, 2015