Thank you to all of our supporters, students and community members who came out to meet our youth media producers and watch their work! We had an amazing evening that celebrated the our youth and youth programs. Over 150 people packed into our screening space to watch the premier of “Zoom In #19: Legacy”.
Congrats to this fall’s cohort of Youth Media Producers! Students premiered the latest Zoom In episode at our winter Open House last Thursday. The Animation, Film Production and Beats ‘N Rhymes audio class worked on pieces that reflected their personal vision for the theme “Legacy”.
Watch “Zoom In: Legacy”:
A bit of historical perspective from animation student Andre Grafilo.
A cautionary tale from Animation student Ruben Villasenor Woodard.
Octopodes really know how to party! From Animation student Arshad Muhammad.
Texting is older than a lot of people think! By Animation student William Thomas.
Animation student Lamar Turner has a nose for history.
What secrets do alien worlds hold for us? By Animation student Connor Maltby.
Animation student Neil Putzer tells the story of the legendary Greek warrior.
Poach dragon parts at your own risk! By Animation student Sterling Weickum.
Who We Are
Bayview-Hunters Point Center for Arts and Technology (BAYCAT) is a nonprofit social enterprise that educates, empowers and employs young people from historically underserved Bay Area communities in the digital media arts including: video production, music production, animation, graphic and web design.
We believe in running a nonprofit like a business, and in changing the philanthropy model. That’s why we created the “clonor” model, where clients become donors, and donors become clients.
Our Latest News
- Development Director (Full Time/Permanent) December 27, 2016
- Development & Grants Coordinator (Full time/Permanent) December 27, 2016
- A Season of Thanks November 29, 2016
- Why Donate to BAYCAT Today? November 17, 2016
- BAYCAT Interns Begin New Project with SFPUC November 15, 2016
- Carrying On The Message of Every 28 Hours November 15, 2016
- Q&A with BAYCAT Academy Film Student D’Arion, 17 November 15, 2016
- Media Classes Are Back in Session! October 4, 2016