Help us raise $25,000 by December 31, 2013 so we can kick off our 10th year right! Check out the list below to see how your support makes BAYCAT possible.
Become A BAYCAT Backer!
When you sign up as a monthly supporter, your investment helps BAYCAT to plan our programs sustainably. Beyond the warm fuzzies you get from “doing good” for BAYCAT to keep “doing well,” you also get:
- A copy of the latest Zoom In mailed to you every semester!
- An invitation to BAYCAT special events!
How You Back the BAYCAT Community:
- $25 a year provides one month of essential classroom supplies and teaching materials for a student.
- $50 a year nourishes a student’s body and mind for one semester by providing healthy, fresh, organic snacks such as fruits, nuts, and trail mix.
- $100 a year transforms students from teens to professionals by allowing a class to take a mind-opening field trip to new parts of the city.
- $250 a year provides a month of innovative, hands-on instruction for one child teaching them not only technical skills, but life skills.
- $500 a year gives students access to knowledge and state of the art technology that opens up new education and career opportunities in the digital media arts.
- $1,000 a year sponsors a community workshop introducing residents to BAYCAT and a career path in the fast-growing digital media arts field.
- $5,000 a year subsidizes a student-led pro-bono marketing project for a small business or non-profit in Bayview Hunters Point. Giving real-life experience to BAYCAT students, and much-needed professional services to local community partners.
Any amount of support helps give life to new ideas and empowers our students to succeed.
Choose a way to contribute on PayPal:
Or Contribute by Check:
Checks can be mailed to:
BAYCAT, 2415 Third Street, Suite 230
San Francisco CA 94107
BAYCAT by You Photothon
Watch. Share. Win.
7 weeks, 7 themes. Snapping a picture will help Bayview Hunters Point youth have an education in digital media. For each photo you post, $1 will be donated to BAYCAT.
How to Play:
- Watch BAYCAT media to inspire you for our theme of the week. Click on a TV set below to see the variety of BAYCAT youth-produced media.
Week 3 Theme:
Example: Cubicle Concerts Video
- Share your photos using hashtag #BAYCATbyYou
- Win a prize if your photo is selected by a panel of judges from local media outlets.
View BAYCAT By You Photo Hunt in a larger map
BAYCAT is partnering with The Bold Italic, San Francisco Chronicle, 7x7 Magazine, Potrero View, Curbed SF and Mission Mission to make the “BAYCAT By You” Photothon a success. Starting November 21st, and for each of the last seven weeks of 2013, we will announce a weekly theme highlighted through a short video produced by our young filmmakers.
Weekly winners will be added into a finalist bracket and the best overall photo, chosen by all the judges from the seven weeks, will win the grand prize: A $100 Gift Certificate to Gilberth’s Rotisserie in Dogpatch, a Modify Watch and the opportunity to be featured in a BAYCAT youth produced TV show Zoom In, not to mention our endless admiration.
Grand Prize Winner for best overall photo announced January 9, 2014.
- Photos must be submitted using #BAYCATbyYou via Twitter, Instagram or Facebook
- Photos for the week can be submitted until Sunday at midnight.
- Weekly themes will be announced every Thursday beginning November 21st on the BAYCAT Blog, Facebook, Twitter feed, and BAYCAT e-news.
- Weekly winners will be announced each Thursday throughout the contest. It will be up to the discretion of the judges to determine the winners. All decisions by the judges are final. No exceptions.
- Photos submitted by BAYCAT team are ineligible to be selected as winners.
- All ages are welcome to participate.
- BAYCAT reserves the right to remove any photos deemed inappropriate for our audiences. Remember, we work with youth.